Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A few additions...


This little room doesn't look quite so bare now with a few new bits and pieces.
The skipping rope was part of a little set of toys that were part of a box of mini presents from my dear husband. It looks like it'd be very easy to make with a bit of fine string, two round beads and two bits of toothpick for the handles.

The bear on the chair and the tiny one on the floor leaning against the bed leg are buttons, both have enough dimension to look just fine, although the photo makes the one on the chair look much flatter than it does in the room.

6 comments:

Pubdoll said...

The room look so cosy and lived in now. I love the skates and the little bed on the dresser!

Norma Bennett said...

Have to confess I didn't make the skates, or the hat on the chest (altho I did paint it and add the red ribbon), but I did make the little bed, and the 'tin' of pencils (colouring book images are from the internet).

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Norma, the room looks wonderful!
Mercedes

Norma Bennett said...

Thanks Mercedes, still a few more little touches required I think but getting there. It's proving a difficult room to photograph because it's narrow and quite deep.

And I think I'm going to have to consign the pencils and colouring book to another house because they are 'out of era' - I thought I could live with it but it's starting to bother me. Why oh why did I decide to research the history of coloured pencils!

JStardust said...

I love the details.

JStardust said...

Is this room a part of a doll house? If it is I would really love to see the complete dollhouse :)